The Firehouse tree lot is closed for the day due to the rain. With weather permitting we should be open back up tomorrow evening at 6 pm. Thank you to all of those that came out and bought trees today. We really appreciate your support. ... See MoreSee Less
What are the hours the tree lot is open Friday Saturday and Sunday please?
What time does the lot open on Tuesday ?
Tree lot going to be open tonight?
The 25 House tree lot is open right now. It may close early due to the weather and rain as it closes in today. ... See MoreSee Less
How much do the trees start at
Is the tree lot still open?
7 days ago
Thank you for a successful first day! We have sold over 50 trees. As our members have been unloading, delivering and selling trees since they arrived at 6:30 this morning, we will be closing the lot earlier this evening to allow members time to rest and enjoy time with their family.
Weather permitting we will be open tomorrow, but please watch our page for any updates should we not open in the inclement weather.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. ... See MoreSee Less
Love our tree! Thank you.
What time do you open today?
The 25 house Tree lot is officially open!!!! Please come on by and see us.....🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲 ... See MoreSee Less
Got my tree yesterday, great selection and fantastic service. No better place to get your Christmas tree and support our local fire department.
You are such an amazing and dedicated group of firemen and woman.
How late are you open today?
We were just notified this evening that the Christmas tree farm is running a day behind on deliveries. Our delivery that was scheduled for 7 am tomorrow morning is now scheduled for Saturday morning (November 30th) at 6:30 am.
We apologize in advance for the delay. We will post when the lot is open on Saturday, but we can’t think of a better way to kick off the holiday season than by enjoying the Christmas parade, supporting local businesses while shopping locally and grabbing your tree from the volunteer fire department!
See you Saturday. ... See MoreSee Less
Can’t wait!!! 🎄🎄🎄🎄
How late are you open?
Friends and family, the officers and members would like to wish our residents of Swedesboro and Woolwich Twp a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy this day and take an opportunity to reflect on how thankful we are each and everyday. ... See MoreSee Less
Happy Thanksgiving to you ALL. 🦃❤️
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you too!
It’s that time of the year again. We are 12 Days away from opening up the 25 House Christmas Tree lot. Trees are tentatively scheduled to be delivered on Friday morning 11/29/19. Keep a close eye on our page for more updates to come as we get closer to the 29th. Please spread the word to family and friends that the Trees are coming to town. ... See MoreSee Less
Owe love your trees. What will the hours be to select one this year?
This morning members spent 3 hours with Water Supply Innovations LLC on rural water supply tactics and equipment training. This training and new equipment will help members speed up water supply operations in non hydrated areas in our community. This training will be a start for what we anticipate building on in 2020 with rural water supply tactics and heavy water hookups.
Thank you to Instructor Lovett for spending your Saturday morning with us, it was greatly appreciated. We look forward to working together in the New Year. ... See MoreSee Less
Drafting with LDH that's different
Thank you for all those who support the fire service. Hope to see you for annual Christmas Tree Sale
TODAYS HOAGIES ARE SOLD OUT ... See MoreSee Less
Keith A. Tetreault (Flounder) John Gresko
SAFETY TIP: TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR CHIMNEY
As the weather turns wintry, fireplaces and wood burning stoves can provide economical heat and a relaxed atmosphere. However, when these popular heating devices are not properly maintained, the result can be dangerous and sometimes disastrous. The three most serious problems that result from poorly maintained chimneys are:
Carbon monoxide poisoning – with chimneys, fireplaces and furnaces, most carbon monoxide problems occur because of improper exhausting of fumes.
Chimney fires – creosote is a black or brown gummy substance that builds up on the flue and can catch fire. In many cases the first chimney fire is small and may go unnoticed, but it can cause cracks and loosen mortar joints that then provide the next fire with an avenue to reach the roof timbers and other combustible materials.
Premature failure of the fireplace and chimney – poorly maintained chimneys can lead to failure of the basic structure itself. Small chimney fires can damage mortar joints and cause cracks. This can allow carbon monoxide to escape the chimney and leak into the living quarters of the home.
As frightening and fierce as the potential fireplace and chimney hazards are, they are almost entirely preventable.
Each year in the United States, more than 25,000 chimney fires are responsible for over $125 million in property damage. More than one-third of Americans use fireplaces, woodstoves and other fuel-fired appliances as primary heat sources in their home, yet it is estimated that less than 20 percent of American homeowners realize the importance of regular chimney maintenance.
To understand what causes a chimney fire, you must realize that when wood is burned, it gives off creosote, tars and resins. These products of incomplete combustion collect in the flue liner and if allowed to build up, they will eventually ignite. Creosote ignites at 451 degrees (about the same burning point as paper) and can quickly become a raging 2100 degree inferno. In fact, heating fires account for more than one third of residential home fires in rural areas every year.
Tips to Enjoy Safe, Cozy Home Fires
Check the draft. Before starting a fire in your fireplace or woodstove, be sure the draft is wide open. This allows proper ventilation for your fire.
Clean your chimney. Chimneys should be inspected and cleaned annually by a certified chimney specialist to prevent fire or carbon monoxide poisoning. Check your flue regularly for any obstructions such as squirrel or bird nests, debris, etc.
Keep your fireplace and chimney in good condition. Check your chimney for cracks and loose mortar or bricks. Have any problems fixed before using your fireplace or wood stove.
Burn only dry hardwood. If your wood is wet or not fully cured, it will not burn as hot as dry wood. It will also smoke more. Burning wet wood leads to creosote building up faster in your chimney. Only hardwoods should be used as fuel since softwoods have a high content of creosote and resin. Remember, hardwood trees have leaves and softwood trees have needles.
Protect against chimney sparks. Install a spark shield/arrestor or wire basket on top of your chimney. The chimney should rise at least two feet higher than the roof peak or any tall, nearby objects. Add another foot if your roof is flat or nearly flat.
Keep combustibles away. Woodstoves should be at least three feet away from unprotected combustible materials. Keep the area around the hearth clear of debris, decorations and flammable materials.
Tend to your fire. Never leave a fire in your fireplace unattended. Make sure the fire is extinguished before going to bed.
A final thought…keep a fire extinguisher handy for every fireplace or stove. However, if a fire starts and you have any doubt about whether or not to fight the fire – Don’t! Get out and call 9-1-1. ... See MoreSee Less
Woolwich Fire Company shared a post.
4 weeks ago
Don’t forget to come out or pre order your hoagies for tomorrowThis Saturday we will be hosting our last Hoagie Sale of 2019. Hope to see you there or for your convenience you can click this link
and put your order in before they’re gone ... See MoreSee Less